The Election Commission of India has issued specific directions on Accessibility initiatives to be undertaken by the Chief Electoral Officer for the persons with Disabilities and Senior Citizens in view of the upcoming General Election to the Legislative Assembly of Tripura. In this respect the following steps will be taken :-
- All the eligible PwD voters will be enrolled and mapped. The marking of benchmark Pwd Voters (above 40%) has been started. The new PwD voters who have applied for enrollment were heard at their home only. Officials from the Office of the ERO (SDM) have visited their houses to conduct the hearing to avoid coming all the way to the hearing places.
- Free pick up and drop transportation facilities will be provided to all the eligible PwDs and Senior Citizens. The eligible voters will be provided with a registration facility on web portal / PwD App or helpline in order to avail these facilities.
- There will be provision of voting through Postal Ballot for PwD and Senior Citizens (above 80 years). Application in Form 12-D will be collected by Election Machineries from their home.
- And the following facilities will be provided at all the polling stations for facilitation of PwD and Senior Citizens (above 80 years):
- All 3328 nos of Polling Stations in Tripura have been identified on ground floor.
- Ramps with standard gradient will be ensured in all polling stations. So far, out of 3328 nos of Polling Stations, 3124 nos of Polling stations have ramp facilities. Work has been taken up to complete the construction of ramps in rest 204 nos of Polling Stations.
- Arrangements for Separate queue for PwD voters will be ensured at every polling station.
- There will be wheelchairs at every polling station locations. All the District Election Officers, Social Welfare and Social Education Department and Education Department were requested to arrange the required number of wheelchairs.
- As per direction of the Election Commission of India, the Chief Electoral Officer, Tripura will appoint Accessibility Observers for all districts. They will be visiting minimum 10 Polling Booths covering at least three Assembly Constituencies of each district to ensure that all requisite facilities are available.
- Wider publicity of SAKSHAM ECI app will be made for increasing the usage of App for PwD voters. CEO website will be accessibility compliant for easy access.
- Sensitization of polling personnel regarding accessibility requirements specified by the Commission will be done. Polling officials will be briefed to interact with voters with disabilities and senior citizens with due sensitivity.
- The PwD icons of the districts and state will come forward to motivate and inspire voters with disabilities to take part in electoral process as voters. Meetings with CSOs/ NGOs will also be planned.
Ampi BJYM Conducted Organizational Programme.
Mega Areca nut Project Initiated In Ampi.
Quitting TIPRA Motha 93 Voters Joined BJP.